Rumor Mill: Park Shi Hoo-Kim So Yeon Coupling?

I think I have to be forcibly restrained to prevent falling into the temptation of posting this. But! since I’m not, it’s going up. :D

Yes – another Park Shi Hoo interview – but this one is all for the rumor mill. Prosecutor Princess fans are unwilling to let go of this possible coupling (myself included), which is simply a testament to their chemistry. Though it is a relatively early-2010 drama, here’s hoping that SBS recognizes the two actors and at least awards them a Best Couple Award by the end of the year.

The following interview is one that was analyzed (but not the only one) and it completely added fodder to this rumor. But judge for yourself! I think Park is teasing fans and the reporter, and yet also his answers seem quite honest. So…

Disclaimer: The translation may be off, as I translated it from a Chinese version of the interview. Thanks to ai* @ soompi for helping clarify some of it!

This interview took place on the afternoon of May 21, the day after PP ended.

There’s a lot that happened but I would like to focus (hehe) on the kiss-drama with Ma Hye Ri. I heard you had to “grit your teeth” for this.

Q: When filming it, how did you (PSH) honestly feel?
PSH: Happiness. Hehe. Even though the ratings weren’t as high, the response to the drama exceeded expectations. It felt kind of new. I like to joke that everyone has a Seo Byun syndrome and it will take a while before it dies down.

Q: A lot of female viewers like Seo Byun, who knows how to take care of women – are you like him?
PSH: I treat my girlfriends really well. If they’re hungry I’ll prepare a boxed meal for them; take care of them when they’re not feeling well and cheer them up; I could date one person for a long time. In addition, in previous kiss scenes I didn’t get a good response from them. This time I gritted my teeth and did it.

Park Shi Hoo also said, he heard that when his character is getting close to Hye Ri, it should look like a performance, and that he would act like that because he got drunk. Originally his personality is quite introverted and shy, so when after drinking he became more intimate, he would becoming quite an amusing person. To experience this kind of feeling, Park Shi Hoo would drink some wine while rehearsing his lines.

Q: What is your ideal girl? Is having long straight hair the first thing that attracts you to her?
PSH:
My last girlfriend was four years ago. I used the feeling of being with girl you love in front of you in my scenes with Hye Ri. Because of that, recently I’ve been hoping to fall in love once again.

His ex-girlfriend saw him in the MBC drama “Let’s Get Married” and called him to say he used every trick in the drama which he had used when he was with her. It seems actors carve out their acting skills from their own experiences and what screenwriters do, is to bring in their own experiences into their screenplays too. Park Shi Hoo really wants to be in love again.

Q: Park Shi Hoo’s ideal girl “having long straight hair as the first criteria for a girl,” how vague is that? Is Ma Hye Ri like your type?
PSH:
(laughing) Are you still insisting on seeing a relationship between me and So Yeon? Because reporters are incessantly asking what are my thoughts of acting alongside So Yeon, asking whether or not our daily interactions are like that in real life. [as in, if he acts the way he does with Kim So Yeon onscreen, offscreen]. And what level of closeness are we at? It’s like a continuous search to get into the heart of this matter.”

“My ideal type is a comfortable, fresh/pure, and easy going kind of girl.”

Q: Would you go public with this relationship?
PSH:
Even if i were in a relationship I would not go public about it. Men may be misunderstood but if we broke up, the woman would hear a lot of idle talk behind her back and be hurt by it.

The last episode had an intense shooting schedule, and whenever there was time in between shooting they would doze off for a bit. A characteristic of Korean dramas is the shooting schedule is very intense. For Park Shi Hoo, his filming schedule barely gives him time to sleep. For three days he had to shoot through the night. The first two episodes were filmed nearly a month ago, and the last episode is filming its last two days.

PSH: I don’t have strength to film anymore. The drama scenes don’t come out in order, but are based on what what happened before that [as in, there's like a reinterpretation of the scene and they work off of that], making it a messy shoot. To film a drama and factor in sleep time depends on the screenplay. It’s too tiring to read lines when I want to sleep. They want a more refined performance but it’s too intense [and therefore making it hard to concentrate on the script]. There’s not enough time so it can get frustrating. when filming the last episode we were afraid it wouldn’t make it in time for broadcast, and I was worried, but when I saw the last episode I texted the director and said that he’s a magician – because it was better than I expected.

The reporter said other actors left messages, but Park Shi Hoo seems to leave very few comments. Park Shi Hoo refuted this, saying that he’s left messages on message boards.

The reporter said he only left one. He should have left more.
Park Shi Hoo used Seo Byun’s particular, careless voice to say, “Don’t tell me you were expecting me to post a message every day? to put one up is not enough?”

Park Shi Hoo won’t be filming but will take some time to rest, enjoy traveling on his own. If one looks at the time before he filmed Prosecutor Princess, last winter he went to the U.S. to find a friend in NYC, and he went sightseeing in many different places. Smiling, he said his lifestyle in the States for that one month seemed like he became more reckless.

Final question: What are his future plans?
PSH:
I hope to film a movie, and perhaps take on a role that is entirely evil.

The original Korean article can be found here. It is an article from DongA.

source: yukiyukiku & cut33 @ soompi

Tagged with:

41 Comments

1. PPIF fighting!

2. i hope they would be couple for real…haish..i missed hye ri in woo moments

3. i hope they would be couple for real…haish..

4. Very impressed with a “sweet chemistry” between PARK SHI HOO & KIM SO YEON………., I really love them! (may they become a real couple ….. ), and I’m also waiting for the Presecutor Princess session-2 with the same cast

5. My fav actress of all time, KSY. Good chemistry and funny. LOvvvve it. Couldnt resist watching twice. Hope to see them being paired up again.

6. ANDE!!!!!!!!!! it MUST BE Yoon Jung Hee for oppa shi ho….

7. I love the interaction between the main characters they have that chemistry that makes you feel you’re witness to their interaction.

8. just finished this drama and i really2 like it soo much!they’r best couple (wish they become real couple!)
    park shi hoo and kim seo hyun nomu2 chuwaeyo~

9. Wow? PSH hasn’t dated any woman for 4 years? He is right to hide any relationship, to protect her as he described it and for his career, too.

Now that PSH did a voice cameo in DrC, I’m guessing that KSY might return the favor on “Queen of reversals”. :)

10. I really like park shi hoo to acting in many series drama. he is so handsome, so cute and so smart. saranghae!!!

11. How I wish They are a real couple…. hahahha

• Me too haha

12. The image of Seo lawyer in Prosecutor princess help him more famous.. Wow I also love Seo in this drama. What a wonderful love story, how a stunning guy! A real couple, why not? ^_^

• If you see series drama family’s honor. you must love him over and over. he is so handsome, so smart and so cute.

13. an yong ha se yo park shi hoo. o to shim ni ga. po go si por. saranghae.

14. I don’t really likes park shi hoo and Kim so yeon couple,but i like and wish park shi hoo and yoon jung hee couple,hahaha

• Yes,I agree with you. They are best couple.

• I also like them to be together for real ! they are perfect for each other !

15. I love this couple so much and after watching the film I always hope a new relation between them appear. I think they look so beautiful together.

16. 서 뷴 서 뷴! 정말 사랑헤요~ <3!

17. They’d make a cute couple. HONESTLY. Even though i’ve been thinking of NOT supporting them but daydream about me and him instead >:] JUST KIDDIN. ahem

18. you’re so cute mr.park shi hoo
    you’re my idol although i am a girl

19. we love prosecutor princess. is there is a part II?
    hope so:)

20. waahhh i love park shi hoo, he’s like my korean bf so sweet, handsome and protects me all the time.

21. The history Princess,Man is Painful and Sad but Actors Park Si-Hoo with Moon Chae-Won is very very nice Part 1- 3. All about this tragic love affair.
    Meny People Asia ,Europa and America watch now this drama.I hope the next Show,drama is Park Si-Hoo with Moon Chae-Won.
    They are (Park Si-Hoo & Moon Chae-won ) to match.
    Good you Luck
    Asia,Europa & Americas People

22. schrieb…
    Hello,

We know Mr.Park Shi Hoo is the Nr.1 Actor in Korean.
    The all dramas PSH really is very nice and Actoress Kim Nam-joo & Moon Chae Won are,nt very very Polite,Personable and beautiful.We like both of them.
    Mr.PSH & Mis. MCW to match.
    Thanks all.
    We Wish you,rs the best
    ali from America

23. Park Shi Hoo wuth Monn Chae Won is nice

24. Hi,
    The Actor Park Shi HOO is the best.Many People around like him so much.
    Relly Park Shi Hoo for Example is Very attractive, lovely and talent sowie (JU ji Hoon) .
    In Korean 3 Actor are Nr.1: Ju ji hoon, Park Shi Hoo and Park kwany yung.
    I think PSH with all girl ( MCW,KSY,KNJ) is very nice.
    We Like Only ParkShiHoo,Jujihoon,Park kwany yung.
    Asia,Europa,America People

25. I love this couple because of Prosecutor Princess… I hate&love Kim So Yeon’s character In All about Eve (a proof of her great acting ability) but i love her more as Pros. Ma Hye Ri with Atty. Seo In Woo… I add this series in my Must See Kdrama List… Hope to see a Pros. Princess II or a another series of them together … Honestly, I’m kinda bias LOL, i just want them together as much as possible.

• AMEN!! I still have the Seo Byun syndrome, and it’s been over a year. Even now that i’m watching TPM, it’s hard to erase the love i have for PSH+KSY. XD

• Cant blame you, they definitely have a strong onscreen chemistry. In fact, I’m having a hard time watching PSH with other leading ladies. I’ve tried to watch PSH videoes of his previous dramas and it seems like, his best kiss performance was definitely with KSY with all its glory details, LOL (even bested HyunBin oppa’s Secret Garden kisses with Ha Ji Won, love them too)…Anyway, I’ll try to find PSH’s Perfect Neighbor, cant find a complete series, but i’ll surely try. *_^

26. I am speechless! Looking at the pictures of Park Shi Hoo & Kim Seong Yo. They are the best couples i ever seen in my life.

27. Park shi hoo is the best actor,Popular in Asia.
    His acting is very adorable,Professional.
    The tone of Voice is nice.We enjoyed watching all drama of PSH.
    He is great and Top.
    With much love
    Miilion,s Viewers

28. Hope Park si hoo & Kim so yoen will get married soon.hehe….

29. we love only park shi hoo becaues kim so yoen is chae and very …………….
    she is no good for park shi hoo.
    she is no beautiful and nolovely

30. Omo Omo,we only like PSH , Brother PSH, pls do a bachelor forever :P , just kidding!!

31. To be honest,Park Si Hoo and Moon Chae Won are match couples, i like both , By the way, Is there Part 2 for princess’ man.? LUCK YOU!!!

32. park sihoo ur an amzing actor, a really like ur actions an ur actings hope u willl get nice GF love u lov u umaaaah

33. nope ..i”m against it. you should watch princess man…PSH and Moon Chae Won are so loveable…everything about them are so cute, sweet and gentle. In that drama.you can watch the power and strength of PSH in acting…he potrays a gentle sweet character at the first stage of the drama….and in middle scene, he looks tough ,brave , manly, courageous but not lacking courtesy ..he is very handsome in this stage…hopefully he will adapt to this sets of character in his real live, The last part he potrays a sweet happy gentleman…he is a great actor ….Congratulation…sarangae!!!

34. Really hope that he will find a good girl friend….

35. wow…i agreee…..PSH and M Chae won an ideal and cute sweet couple..I watch Princess Man ..again and again….I,m not bored watching those two…That”s the first time I saw PSH’s acting..now those two pictures are on my computer background…i even learn how to sing the theme song….congratulation!! to those involve in the “Princess man” I fell in love with korean dramas through this filem…So Yeon is not a perfect couple for PSH …Opps sorry .frankly..she looks a little older.. and her acting in that PP is quite over… PSH needs a cute ,,gentle, loveable girl, You know…whenever I look at those two on my desktop ..i feel so happy and in clover….their smiles really enchant me…

Submit a Comment