I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I spent mine eating and watching What’s Up and more eating.
So just to really seal the deal that I Need Romance 2 won’t have the same cast, Jo Yeo Jung has chosen her next drama, Ji Woon Soo’s Stroke of Good Luck. It will air on the weekends on SBS, and she plays the wife of a loser husband who ends up winning the lottery. So… is this a mix of Queen of Reversals and Romance Town? Weird. The producer of Lie to Me is helming this project, which isn’t necessarily good news either.
- A productive Christmas was in store for the cast of Moon Embraces the Sun as they gathered for their first script reading. Han Ga In, Kim Soo Hyun, Jung Il Woo, Kim Yoo Jung and Yeo Jin Goo (playing the younger versions of Han and Kim Soo Hyun respectively), and Kim Min Seo were all in attendance. The drama is about how the king (Kim Soo Hyun) meets his first love (Han Ga In), who has now lost her memory and is a shaman, and how his playboy older brother (Jung Il Woo) forms the other part of the triangle.
- 2 Days 1 Night won plenty of awards at the 2011 KBS Entertainment Award show, which only proves that Kang Ho Dong isn’t the one making the show good. It’s the team dynamic, and the sadistic Na PD. Uhm Tae Woong won Best Entertainer Award (whee!) and the whole cast won the Entertainment Daesang award. The list of winners is here.
- Bae Soo Bin is currently filming a Japanese movie called “The Man of White Porcelain,” but after that, it’s likely he’ll be the main lead in Yoo Ji Tae‘s directorial debut “Sansevieria,” which will begin production soon. He would play a runaway who goes on a journey with a woman from the Philippines. Ooh – two lookers in one movie!? Hey all I care about is – will Bae Soo Bin get the girl!?
- Park Min Young looks sultry in a new pictorial for Singles. She’s wrapping up soon on Man of Honor as well. I swear, I get this nagging feeling she and Lee Min Ho quietly went their separate ways. I’d be more surprised if they’re still together, considering they’re hot commodities and have their own busy schedules. They’re young! Date others more!
- And KC Concepcion is set to be the host of “The X Factor – Philippines.” Auditions will begin in January in Cebu, Bacolod, Manila, Olongapo, and Batangas for anyone 13 and older. Not like the gal isn’t already busy; she’s already set to do a drama series, a film, and “ASAP” – a musical variety show. Hmm – I wonder if she’s keeping herself busy to forget about her recent breakup with heartthrob Piolo Pascual? Then again, that guy’s rumored to be gay…
source: asiae, allkpop, star news, asianfanatics