Song Joong Ki is off to the military! Sporting shorter hair, he greeted his fans and the reporters, and thanked them for coming out to send him off. He had hosted a fan meeting on the 17th as a way of saying farewell to his many fans as well.
See you in 21 months Cute Boy! (I wonder if his face will come out looking more chiseled after the army… hmm…)
- Kwon Sang Woo in a scandal! Someone had posted a rumor saying that he was having an affair with TV personality Kang Ye Bin. There was news that a “married actor and a sexy female star” had gone on vacation to Japan together, so rumors swirled that it was the both of them. He refuted it through a press release and a statement on his fan cafe, and stated that he’s a happily married man and father. He maintains that he’s never met Kang, and knows that the man in the rumor is someone else. He’s getting ready to sue for libel against those spreading rumors. (Edit: As for Kang’s side, she too has refuted rumors that she had an affair with Kwon Sang Woo. So the question is “Who?”, especially since Kwon’s statement implied that he knew the person involved.)
- Lovable Choi Woo Shik of Ten 2 is going to make a guest appearance in the 10th episode of Who Are You! Yay! This time he’s a computer hacker who will help So Yi Hyun and Taecyeon on their current case about a smuggling ring that involves corrupt police officers. He and Taecyeon know each other by being part of JYP Entertainment. The episode will air tonight on 8/27.
- Lee Jun Ki (Two Weeks) and Suzy (Gu Family Book) recently won the “Hallyu Drama Award” for the 2013 Seoul International Drama Awards. The winners were decided by popular vote, as seen on the Soompi page. (However the daum page suggests something totally different, with Yunho (for Queen of Ambition) and Song Hye Gyo (for That Winter The Wind Blows) getting the top prize). Lee was nominated for Arang and the Magistrate, which has won the most votes for outstanding drama of the year; Queen of Ambition follows as a far second. (To put into perspective, Tree With Deep Roots won the honor for 2012). Suzy was nominated for Gu Family Book. The awards show will air on September 5.
- Bae Yong Joon and JYP’s joint company that produced Dream High has decided to liquidate the company. Both Bae and JYP own about 50% of the shares in the company. The board of directors decided to dissolve the company, Holrim, back in February, after they reported a net loss in revenue. The company was worth 100 million Won when it was liquidated back in May 30th. This means no more Dream High 3, which might be a good thing…?
- Well now – look who might be wooing UEE? It’s been confirmed that Jung Il Woo will be costarring with her in Golden Rainbow, a drama about a family of orphans. That actually makes me want to watch it a leetle bit more. I’ve been averse to family dramas in general (especially long 50-episode ones) but I’ve stuck around You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin, and so it’s possible I’ll need to pick up another one after I’ve finished it. (I’m about four episodes behind.) HMMM….