The cast of Prime Minister and I gathered on October 22 for a script reading, and the photos were just revealed today. Lee Beom Soo, Yoona, Chae Jung Ahn, Yoon Si Yoon, Ryu Jin, Lee Han Wie and all the child actors were present as they rehearsed for over three hours at KBS headquarters. The drama premieres on December 9 after Marry Him If You Dare/Mi Rae’s Choice. Gosh I hope Yoona and Lee Beom Soo can pull off the chemistry despite their huge age difference.
- Wow the rumors don’t let up! Now Jung Woo is reportedly linked to his “Red Family” costar, actress Kim Yoo Mi (Heartless City)! And it turns out that this time the rumors are true. Well, sort of. In this case, the two of them met on the set of their movie and Jung Woo harbored a crush on her. The two of them developed feelings for each other about three months ago, but are nowhere near “officially dating” status, or even getting married. (So, any reports about them dating for a year or getting married soon are a lie.) Hopefully this works out well for them, especially since it’s come out in such a public fashion. Jung Woo seems such an adorable guy I’d hate to see his heart broken!
- Han Hye Jin‘s upcoming drama Kind Words has finalized its casting. It’s set to air after Suspicious Housekeeper, so it’s about time they settle it! Lee Sang Woo (A Thousand Days’ Promise), Ji Jin Hee (The Great Seer), and Kim Ji Soo (The Great King Geunchogo) are all confirmed for this melodrama about two couples and an affair that intertwines them together. Kim Ji Soo plays a housewife to Ji Jin Hee, and together they’re a perfect family. However, when Ji Jin Hee meets Han Hye Jin’s character, that’s when the trouble starts. On top of that, Han Hye Jin is married to Lee Sang Woo’s character. One can tell that Lee and Kim just might have their own affair as well…
- Another drama that has finalized its casting! Three Days, the political action thriller that takes place in the course of three days, has confirmed Yoochun as the drama’s hero, bodyguard Han Tae Kyung. In the drama, the president goes to his retreat only to disappear after three shots are fired. Han Tae Kyung is sent to find the missing president. Joining him in the drama are Son Hyun Joo (The Chaser) as the President, Jang Hyun Sung (Big, Ghost) as the head of secret service, and Park Ha Sun as the leading lady and local police officer. Well, she’s gone from Two Weeks of crying and worrying about her daughter’s health to Three Days of being badass. I guess she got jealous over all the fun Lee Jun Ki had in his action scenes. Despite Yoochun, of whom I’m not a terribly big fan, I’m really looking forward to this drama because it’s being written by Kim Eun Hee, who did Harvest Villa, Sign, and Ghost. I will watch anything that she writes. Anything.
- Park Ji Bin (Suspicious Housekeeper, Queen Seon Deok) has decided to forego the SAT and concentrate on his acting career. It’s impressive he’s kept up with schooling for so long and even earned his GED for high school Juggling an acting career and college is not easy, so for now Park has decided to concentrate on his career. He does have quite a bit of potential; despite his baby face he is growing up quite nicely and has quite a good acting range for his age. Besides, he could always go to college later, like many other stars and idols choose to do.
- Jang Geun Suk was recently caught up in a sex scandal involving Chinese model/actress Lin Xi Ya. (Lin is planning to debut in a Korean girl group as Shi Ya soon as well.) There was a photo of Lin cradling a guy in her arms, and it was rumored to be either Jang or EXO’s Kris. However, netizens have already disputed the allegations and claim that it’s just photoshopped images. So Jang responded on his Chinese Weibo page with the following picture:
Note – it’s his manager cradling him in his arms. At least Jang has a sense of humor when it comes to scandals. Clearly he’s not taking any of the rumors to heart. Instead, he’s focusing on being a pretty man between IU and Han Chae Ah. I really hate that his hair is nicer than mine.