Spring Day of My Life just began its script readings at the MBC building today with a cast that includes Kam Woo Sung, Sooyoung, Kwon Hae Hyo, Shim Hye Jin, Lee Ki Young, Lee Joon Hyuk, and recently added member Jang Shin Young. Kam plays a widower whose deceased wife’s heart ends up in Sooyoung, and the two fall in love. Ba-dum, ba-dum… Jang Shin Young will play a hospital PR director who’s in love with Kam while Lee Joon Hyuk is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s in love with Jang.
Some of the earlier scenes in the drama will take place in Jeju, it seems, so when Jang Won Young put on his Jeju accent it elicited a lot of laughter at the table read. Lee Yeon Hee seems to have a cameo (?!) as a bullying department head Manager Park as well. It would be awesome if she ends up being Jang Won Young’s boss because in Miss Korea it was the other way around.
The drama is set to follow Fated to Love You in September.
- Rain’s comeback drama My Lovable Girl has cast two actresses that I think should swap roles: Krystal is going to play Se Na, Rain’s new love interest and younger sister of his former first love, and Im Joo Eun is going to play the entertainment agency director Shin Hae Yoon who likes Rain too. I’m kind of wishing that the girls were cast the other way around, although I guess Im Joo Eun would play a better “ice princess” than Krystal, who can be lovable in her own way. It’s funny how these two Heirs gals are swapping their roles too, but will probably share more screen time here together than in their last drama together.
- Park Young Gyu (My Love From Another Star, A Thousand Days’ Promise, and the upcoming The Three Musketeers) has also been cast in My Lovable Girl as the entertainment agency’s president. And Infinite’s L has been cast as Rain’s rival for Krystal’s love. On a side note, whatever happened to the auditions? Hopefully we’ll have more secondary characters filled out with unknowns.
- Park Min Young returns to drama land shortly after A New Leaf in Healer, a drama also starring Yoo Ji Tae and Ji Chang Wook. Park and Yoo play reporters – she the aspiring hard-hitting journalist and he the already-star-journalist with secrets. Ji’s character ties them together somehow as the titular ‘healer’, a messenger with “state-of-the-art 22nd Century’ type of equipment. I am already wondering if he’ll be like Iron Man and have knives shoot out of his body… Healer will air on KBS in December after Nodame Cantabile.
- And then an update on Joseon Gunman…
SPOILER ALERT BELOW THIS LINE. SPOILER ALERT BELOW THIS LINE. SPOILER ALERT BELOW THIS LINE. SPOILER ALERT BELOW THIS LINE. SPOILER ALERT BELOW THIS LINE. SPOILER ALERT BELOW THIS LINE.
- For Joseon Gunman fans who can’t wait for this week’s episodes! If you don’t want to see it now, I suggest you LEAVE NOW. Otherwise, continue at your own risk. It’s not really surprising to see happen, but I have to admit that it gives me the fuzzies and makes me REALLY REALLY happy.