A quick News Bits for the day! And why yes, Park Shin Hye is involved…
- Iron Man is now going by the name of Blade Man. I can’t decide which is better – both titles are kind of meh. On one hand if it was Iron Man I would have thought that Lee Dong Wook was playing a really cool superhero kind of guy. On the other hand, he’s no Robert Downey Jr. Also, doesn’t the official poster make him look somewhat Bowser-like?
- Park Shin Hye is confirmed for Pinocchio. Still waiting on Lee Jong Seok.
- Kim Ah Joong is confirmed for a new legal drama called Pride and Prejudice. SERIOUSLY KOREA – stop it with stealing well-known titles already! Pinocchio, Iron Man, Scent of a Woman… when will it all stop!? Anyways… This will be her first drama since Sign three years ago. She’ll play a prosecutor at the Incheon District Prosecutor’s Office and is described as a hard-hitting focused lawyer who’s only interested in the truth of the case. Daniel Choi is being offered the male leading role. The drama, originally titled Lawless World (which would have been more original!), will follow The Night Watchman’s Journal on MBC.
- K-pop girl group Ladies’ Code lost one of their members today. 22-year old Go Eun Bi a.k.a. EunB was killed in a car accident when the van carrying all the members was driving through slicked roads from Daegu to Seoul. The car slammed into a guard rail at around 1:30 AM Wednesday morning. The other members were hospitalized for their injuries, with two of them undergoing surgery. While I don’t know much about this K-pop group at all, it is certainly a sad day for the K-pop world. It just highlights the dangers of the celebrities and their entourage being overworked and the poor road safety conditions that exist in Korea.
- Coffee Prince director Lee Yoon Jung is directing a new drama for tvN titled Heart to Heart. It is described as a romantic comedy with the unique style of Lee’s directing. Which, if that means anything, could be like another Coffee Prince. That drama’s treatment of romantic comedy – with its balance of drama cliches and slice of life situations – has made Coffee Prince feel so timeless to me. Hopefully she will do the same with this drama. Heart to Heart is set to air in January after Misaeng.
sources: herald corp, osen, isplus, wall street journal, star news