Lots of casting news and updates today!
- For one, Mr. Baek has found its leading lady: Jang Na Ra. Just a month after Fated to Love You ended she’s already jumping into another drama! She will play a former-part-timer turned full-timer Eun Ha Soo who meets Choi Go Bong (Shin Ha Kyun) at her new job. Despite her difficult life and being in her thirties, she manages to keep an optimistic outlook – not unlike many of Jang’s previous roles. Lee Joon (IRIS 2) will play Choi Dae Han, Go Bong’s son, which I find really strange. Granted Choi Go Bong is supposed to be a really old man who looks young, but that doesn’t mean everyone else reverses in age too, right? If he’s a 70-year old man with a 20-something year old son, it sounds a little iffy. I won’t judge Go Bong’s possible sex life, but I think it’s more believable if Lee Joon plays his grandson. That would make it for a very interesting and funny scenario where Lee Joon has to call Shin Ha Kyung ‘Grandpa’ when he doesn’t look old enough to be one. In any case – the drama will be starting in November after Spring Days of My Life on MBC.
- Han Chae Ah has officially signed on for her daily drama, which is now titled Only You, My Love. If there was any doubt before, now it’s official official. The drama follows several families who live under one roof – so a really big family drama! Sung Hyuk (Bride of the Century) will also star. The daily drama will air in November on KBS.
- Jung Yoo Mi (Rooftop Prince, Wonderful Mama) will star in the upcoming jTBC drama Maids. (It also goes by the title Servants.) The drama is supposed to be about three women of different classes in Joseon era as they navigate through love and life; think Sex and the City but in Joseon times and with less sex and a smaller city. Jung will be taking on the role of Guk In Yup, a nobleman’s daughter who by a twist of fate ends up becoming a slave when her family is ruined. She will be starring alongside Oh Ji Ho (Ghost Detective Cho Young, The 3rd Hospital), who plays the servant Moo Myung. But Moo Myeong isn’t all that he seems to be either. There is supposed to be another handmaiden and a famous geisha to complete the complicated love square. The drama will air in November.
- Nam Gyu Ri (Heartless City) will appear in a one-episode special called House-Mate that’s part of the MBC Drama Festival. She will star alongside Yoon Hyun Min (Witch’s Romance). Written by Choi Young In and directed by Kim Sung Wook, the drama follows a man betrayed by his wife, and the woman who knows the whole story. It airs today, on October 10.
- It also looks like Shin Sung Rok is joining the cast of The King’s Face as face reader Kim Do Chi. The role was originally going to Seo Joon Young (Secret Door) so it sounds like Shin is replacing Seo. There’s been no news about what will happen to Seo just yet, but it’s also possible that the Secret Door production is just getting in the way of The King’s Face. Shin has had quite the busy year since My Love From Another Star, as he will have been in four dramas in just 2014 alone. And he did a musical. He will first appear in Liar Game, the Korean remake of the Japanese drama. The King’s Face will air after Blade Man, but I’m pretty sure his shooting schedules will overlap at some point.
- And just as a last reminder that these actresses in their 40s look real good, Kim Sung Ryung puts me to shame in this photo shoot. She actually looks a bit like Michiko Kichise (Love Affairs in the Afternoon, Liar Game) in one of the shots. Along with Lee Mi Sook, Kim Seo Hyung, and others, these actresses look really good for their age.
sources: mydaily, gukje news, xsportsnews, osen